Saturday, June 22, 2013

Children of the Confederacy at the Texas State Capital

Last month, Pat accompanied several choirs from the Christian Choral Society in the Texas State Capital rotunda. The sound that permeated this beautiful space was astonishing.


Since the music filled even the adjoining hallways, I was able to do a little exploring into some of the nooks and crannies of this handsome structure. One of my surprising discoveries was this plaque, mounted just off the main floor rotunda.

Photo by Mark Dolan May 2014

Most visitors that morning passed by without noticing, which probably happens hundreds of times every day. But when I stopped to take this picture, the action caused many after me to stop and read the inscription. I stood back and watched as this went on for several minutes, much like freeway traffic that slows down at the spot long after the accident has been cleared. I wonder what they thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers